Influence overall strategy and road map to architect & build a scalable data pipeline. Leverage homegrown ETL framework as well as off-the-shelf ETL tools, as appropriate. Interface closely with operations and engineering teams to build and extend cross platform logging and reports generation framework. Provide consultative solutions approach to business partners such as Analysts, Management, End Users and Developers to clarify objectives, determine scope, drive consensus, identify problems and recommend solutions. Support end users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert on functional side of the business. Create strong internal relationships, train others on getting the most out of daily/weekly reporting, and evangelize your findings and implications.
Special Requirements: Professional experience must include work with the following technologies:
- Development experience with Smalltalk and Ruby programming languages,
- Scripting experience with Perl, Python, and Unix Shell Scripting
- SQL and performance tuning techniques
- ETL (Extract Transform Load) techniques to handle extremely large data volumes
- Data warehousing architecture and data modeling best practices
- Apache Hadoop framework
Education Required: Master of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
Experience Required: 2+ year of experience